NC CPA Certificate #5850
Mike Scharf became a Certified Public Accountant in 1966, starting his career with the Internal Revenue Service in Washington, D.C. He spent three years as a field agent specializing in corporate and individual tax disciplines, and two years in the national office writing and evaluating Internal Revenue Rulings, Private Letter Rulings and Technical Advice. His past experience at the IRS significantly influences his current approach to clients’ tax issues.
In 1971, Mike joined the international accounting firm of Price Waterhouse as a tax manager; two years later he moved to Laventhol & Horwath. In 1975, Mike opened his own firm in Charlotte, North Carolina. Two years later, Al Pera joined him as a partner and they have practiced together for over 35 years.
Today, Mike is the managing member of the firm, providing the overall direction of tax services.
- B.S., Accounting, University of Maryland, 1964
- J.D., University of Baltimore, 1969
Licensure and Affiliations:
- Licensed CPA in North Carolina and Maryland
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants